"I don't want to step in his footsteps.
said the team had "extended its technical and racing agreement" with Vettel "for the 2018, 2019 and 2020 racing seasons of the F1 world championship".In Ferrari's time-honoured style, the statement contained no quotes or further information from the driver or the team.Vettel had made it clear his preference was for the Finn to stay.Vettel's decision is likely to be followed by confirmation from Mercedes that they will retain Valtteri Bottas for at least another season alongside Hamilton.The Finn was signed on a one-year deal to replace world champion Nico when after the German retired from F1 after winning the title last year.Hamilton is contracted to Mercedes until the end of 2018.Later, after qualifying second to title rival Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes, Vettel said: "I love this team and the people who work for this brand," adding: "In a way, it was a no-brainer to continue. Daniel Ricciardo has also shocked fans as he heads to McLaren.Sebastian Vettel has insisted he wants to remain in Formula 1 next season – but will only do so with a team that can match his ambitions.Vettel, the four-time champion, was at the centre at one of the biggest stories of F1’s enforced delay as it was confirmed in May that he would be leaving Ferrari once his current deal expires at the end of 2020.But while reports have questioned whether Vettel may retire, the 32-year-old is adamant that he is on the lookout for a new team.“The clear objective is to find a package that suits me,” Vettel told Sky in Germany ahead of the season-opening Austrian GP.“I’ve been around a long time in this sport and I’m very interested in achieving more.”Vettel has been linked with a move to Mercedes, F1’s leading team who have yet to sign either Lewis Hamilton or Valtteri Bottas up for 2021 and refuse to close the door to bringing Vettel in.Renault would also appear an option for Vettel, although his comments shed doubt on whether he would be willing to race lower down the grid.“If [achieving more] is not possible then I’m not too interested in other things,” Vettel admitted.“The motivation has always been the performance on track and not the external things, just to be on track and travelling around the world, making money. Sebastian Vettel is to leave Ferrari at the end of the year after contract talks between the two broke down with no agreement.
Sebastian Vettel has reportedly been offered a contract with Aston Martin for 2021, as rumours build that the four-time world champion will remain on the grid with the rebranded Racing Point team..
The 4 times World Champion is entering his sixth season with Ferrari in 2020. At the moment I don’t have a contract. He only wons his titles due to being the number 1 team driver and having the fastest car.
"I have been talking for a while with Ferrari. Sebastian Vettel had surprisingly not been linked to AlphaTauri for the 2020 Formula 1 season, but now the inevitable rumor has finally emerged. He is talented but selfish beyond reason.
Sebastian Vettel has reportedly been offered a contract with Aston Martin for 2021, as rumours build that the four-time world champion will remain on the grid with the rebranded In Austria, team principal Otmar Szafnauer maintained that both drivers were under contract for next season. With rival teams shutting the door on Sebastian Vettel, a rumour has emerged the Ferrari driver is gambling on a mind-blowing move.Sebastian Vettel’s announcement this week that he will leave Ferrari at the end of the 2020 season has triggered a dramatic shake-up of the Formula 1 grid — and the turbulence may just be beginning.Reports on Thursday claimed Carlos Sainz is deep in negotiations with Scuderia Ferrari to replace Vettel at the iconic Italian team in 2021 — and an announcement could be made this week.It was followed by reports Daniel Ricciardo has been in extensive negotiations with McLaren to replace Sainz at the English team — and is expected to announce his decision to leave Renault as early as this week.Those moves further slashed the few attractive options still available to Vettel for the 2021 season, but rumours are now swirling there is a coveted seat the Formula 1 world has forgotten about.Unconfirmed speculation on Thursday claimed Vettel has his sights set on a move to world championship rival Mercedes in 2021 in a mind-blowing possible partnership with six-time world champion Lewis Hamilton.The 32-year-old German has also been linked as a possible replacement for Ricciardo at Renault.Fernando Alonso and Nico Hulkenberg have also been linked to Ricciardo’s seat.Mercedes boss Toto Wolff poured fuel on the burning Vettel rumours on Thursday when he admitted his team would consider Vettel’s Ferrari departure as it decides on its driver pairing for 2021.Even before his comments, rumours claimed Vettel had already made a decision that it is Mercedes or bust.The report claims Vettel, at the age of 32, would only accept a seat at a team that would allow him to compete for a world championship.With Red Bull boss Christian Horner on Thursday dismissing any interest in bringing Vettel back to the team where he won four world championships, Mercedes looms as his only option.Hamilton and teammate Valtteri Bottas are both out of contract at the end of 2020.Hamilton has been in extensive negotiations with Mercedes and is expected to re-sign.Mercedes also has an option in its favour to trigger a one-year extension with Bottas.The Finnish driver has been on rolling one-year contracts at Mercedes for the past two seasons, despite finishing second in the world championship standings last year.Wolff on Thursday left the door open for his team to snap up Vettel.“Sebastian is a great driver, a major personality and an asset to any Formula 1 team,” Wolff said.“When looking to the future, our first loyalty lies with the current Mercedes drivers.“But naturally we must take this development into consideration.”A potential Hamilton-Vettel pairing would be arguably the greatest partnership the sport has ever seen with 10 world championships between them.Earlier Horner said it was “enormously unlikely” that Vettel would end up back at Red Bull.“We have a long-term agreement with Max, and I think Alex is doing a good job,” “We’ve got a good dynamic within the team and experience shows that two alpha males doesn’t tend to pan out well.“Sebastian is still a very competitive grand prix driver so I don’t think it would be conducive for our team to have two alphas.
Sebastian Vettel has lifted the lid behind his shift away from Ferrari with the German star revealing a cold move from the F1 giants. Ironic.
To use comments you will need to have JavaScript enabled. The mission is still ongoing. The team’s recent Silverstone record was…A seat in a top team suddenly becomes vacant mid-season and a driver whose F1 career looked to be over is called in to fill the much-envied role. Ousted from Ferrari in favour of Carlos Sainz for 2021, Vettel could replace Sergio Perez, according to a report in German publication Bild..